Sunday 10 November 2013

Update 10th November

I haven't posted on this blog for a few days now, not because of any great pain but some incredible tiredness & bring emotionally drained. I'm still having problems loading photos to this blog from the tablet but promise to get them up when able to get back on a proper computer.

I'm writing this after a couple of difficult days. I had been felling quite well, much better than I anticipated. The pain is manageable in the extreme & the only real issue I've been having is the constant need to wee. That's a good thing, as it means the fluid is draining away. The annoyance is having to go whilst wearing support stocking! My brain seems to think I'm wetting myself! Ridiculous!

I had spent quite alot of time soul searching, thinking about how lucky I am to have an amazing body which on the whole functions to the highest order. Having spoken fairly recently to others who are in pain with this disorder & having to spend a very short time in a wheelchair I find thst I am valuing my mobility even more. Also thinking of what could of been if I hadn't taken control when I did of my diet, exercise & massage almost leaves me close to tears. Would I have hone from stage 2 to stage 3?

My poor husband has had to cope with all my ramblings & emotional moments. He's been absolutely amazing. He has fetched & carried, feed & watered, banagaed & taped me at no thought to himself. The only thing he hasn't been able to do is inject me with Heparin, the anti clotting drug. I've promised him something special when I am back up and running again! Not sure what yet!

I have come to the conclusion that my having fertility treatment when I was 30 must have a link to the progression of my problems. I can't remember the name of the drug I took to stimulate my ovaries but I was producing a dozen eggs a month for over a year. I started treatment at 12.5 stone, finished it at about 14.5 stone but within 3 years I was nearly 20 stones. I take responsibility for some of thd additional weight gain, but I would've needed to be going some to put on 8 stone in 3 years. At the age of 35 I noticed the overhang on my ankles & huge lower legs. It took years to pluck up the courage to go to the Dr's and say 'what's wrong with me?'

Anyway, back to how ive been. As I said, I've been fine apart from the overwhelming tiredness. I've not been sleeping well, getting up to go to the bathroom on average 3 times a night. Yesterday I really needed to wash my hair. I had gotten up leaving my husband asleep in bed and got downstairs, made some breakfast and a cup of tea. All wss good. When he got up we took of the bandages & I had a little walk up and down the hallway. Feeling emotional (again) I suddenly felt as if thousands of needles were been stuck in both my legs. In a fair bit of pain I took 2 paracetamol s & sat myself down. When it passed we climbed the stairs & I got in the shower. I should've been fine, but no more than 30 secs passed and I come over very dizzy and thought I was going to faint! My husband heard me call and got me out and laying me down very quickly. I have a lowish blood pressure & I guess it was a little low. I had a large glass of juice and it took about 2 hours to feel human again! Then the support stockings go on, & the bandages

Later I did feel well enough to go out and get some very (un) sexy orthopedic shoes so I can get about in the wet weather we are having for the next 3 weeks. That's me in the bandages and not necessarily raining for 3 weeks!

The same thing happened in the shower today..not fun, not pleasant & a bit scary! I don't think trying to have a shower is doing too much! I had a shower a day after my surgery, doctors orders, so I must be capable of it! I must be susceptible at the moment to the heat, even though the water isnt that hot! Honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment